Boston Colleges With Nursing
If you’re looking to pursue a career in nursing, there are plenty of schools in Boston to choose from. Nursing programs are offered by many different colleges throughout the city. Here are five of the best ones:
Boston College is a Jesuit Catholic research university located in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. It has 7,750 full-time undergraduates and 5,300 graduate students.
The university offers a variety of majors and minors.
- Boston University has a nursing program for students with a bachelor’s degree.
- Boston University has a nursing pre-professional program for students who are interested in becoming nurses but don’t yet have their bachelor’s degree.
- If you already have a bachelor’s degree in another major, you can apply to the BU School of Nursing as part of its dual-degree program and earn your nursing degree as part of your undergraduate studies.
- Emerson College is a private institution.
- Emerson College is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Emerson College is a small college, with an enrollment of just over 2,000 students—making it the smallest school on our list (and one of the smallest colleges in all of Massachusetts).
- It’s also a liberal arts college and therefore does not offer additional programs such as business or engineering, but rather focuses on liberal arts courses such as literature, history and philosophy. The nursing major at Emerson is designed for students who want to become registered nurses after completing their undergraduate degree from this school; however, if you don’t want to go into healthcare after graduation there are other areas where you can apply your knowledge from taking these classes such as becoming a teacher or working with patients directly through volunteering opportunities offered at this university (for example).
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Wentworth Institute of Technology is a technical school in Boston. It’s a private, non-profit institution with a small student body that focuses on undergraduate education. The school has a nursing program and offers four options:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN Accelerated Program – Registered Nurse to Bachelor’s Degree Completion Option
- Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Option
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator Option
Northeastern University is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as professional certificate programs, through its 15 schools and colleges. In addition to the nursing program, Northeastern offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences – Nursing; Master of Science degrees in Nursing Education and Health Care Management; a Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP); dual master’s degrees; and an RN-to-BSN completion program for registered nurses who have already earned their bachelor’s degree but have not yet completed their baccalaureate requirements.
The nursing school at Northeastern has been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education since 1987 and by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing since 1996. It offers specialized tracks within its BSN program including adult/gerontology acute care or community health promotion & prevention; pediatric acute care or child & adolescent development (child life); neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) nursing; or maternal child health/family centered practice track for those who are interested in caring for new mothers after delivery through postpartum period.
Emmanuel College is a private liberal arts college located in Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1884 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, the school is one of only three religious colleges not owned by their sponsoring denomination (the other two being LaSalle University and Villanova University). Emmanuel College is a member of the Colleges of the Fenway consortium.
The college was founded as an all-women’s school but currently has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students that includes both men and women. The main campus includes more than 50 buildings spread across 100 acres of land; it also has a second location in Brookline that houses administrative offices and classrooms.
There are many Nursing colleges in the Boston area.
There are many nursing colleges in the Boston area. Here are some of them:
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Emerson College
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Northeastern University (NU) is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. It is one of the largest universities in the United States by enrollment count. Since its opening in 1898 as a business school for men and women, it has expanded to include more than 230 academic programs across five schools. The college was chartered by Massachusetts state legislature and granted its charter on March 7, 1898. In 2018-19 NUs enrollment consisted of 17% international students from over 100 countries around the world; NU’s total student body numbers approximately 5,600 undergraduates, 5,700 graduate students, 400 law school students, and 1,300 professional school students at postbaccalaureate certificate or master’s degree level.
There are many nursing schools in Boston. These schools offer programs and degrees that can prepare you for a career in healthcare. With so many options, it’s important to research the various programs offered by each school before making a decision about which one is right for you!