Cheapest Nursing Schools For International Students In Australia
To study in Australia and do Nursing, you will require a student visa (Subclass 500). Average tuition cost for this course is AUD$20,000 to AUD$25,000. CoE does not automatically guarantee the availability of a place in a particular program for international students.
To study in Australia and do Nursing, you will require a student visa (Subclass 500)
To study in Australia and do Nursing, you will require a student visa (Subclass 500). The requirements for the Subclass 500 are:
- Aged between 18 and 60 years old at the time of applying for the visa
- Your course must be registered with ANICOSA (Australian National Instrument for Quality Assurance in Higher Education) or VTAC (Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre).
- You must have funds to support your living expenses during your stay in Australia. This can be shown by evidence of available funds from personal bank account, family members or relatives who are Australian residents and have sufficient financial resources. If you do not meet this requirement then you may apply for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy which covers medical expenses while studying in Australia. OSHC costs $570 per year however each state has its own rules regarding health care cover so it is best to contact them directly before travelling there as well as making sure that if any medical treatment is needed then it will not delay completion of their course due to being unable to access funds needed while abroad
Average tuition cost for this course is AUD$20,000 to AUD$25,000.
The cost of living in Australia is higher than the USA, the UK and the EU. This means that you will spend more on your tuition fees compared to students studying in these countries.
While every university has its own tuition fees, it is possible to get an idea of how much it costs by looking at their websites and comparing them with each other. The average tuition fee for this course is AUD$20,000 to AUD$25,000 per year.
CoE does not automatically guarantee the availability of a place in a particular program for international students.
You must apply for university admission separately from the COE application. Some universities may have different criteria for their international students, so you should check with the university before applying.
You can apply to multiple universities at the same time as long as they are on the COE list and your preferred course is available at that institution. You also need to ensure that your applications are submitted by your preferred closing date.
If you’re not sure which university you want to attend, it is advisable that you consider some factors such as:
- The location of the campus (do I want an urban or rural environment?)
- Size of campus/student population (will there be plenty of people around?)
- What kind of education program will suit me best?
The minimum TOEFL score requirement is 79.
- The minimum TOEFL score requirement can vary from one program to another.
- The minimum TOEFL score requirement can also vary depending on the university and city you wish to apply.
For example, in Australia the University of Queensland requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90 for a bachelor’s degree in Nursing, whereas Monash University requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 for its associate degree in Nursing.
Make sure you understand how it works before applying.
There are two types of visas that you can apply for while studying in Australia:
- Student visa. This visa allows you to study full-time at an Australian institution and work up to 40 hours per fortnight during term time. The visa will be granted for the duration of your course, but is usually valid for one year only. If you are applying from within Australia, it can be extended twice (by a maximum of two years).
If your course is less than six months long, then you may also be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa – more on this below!
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485). If you have completed an approved bachelor’s degree as an international student at one of Australia’s higher education institutions, then after completing your course you may apply for this visa which will allow you to stay in Australia indefinitely and work full-time without restriction.
We hope this article has helped you to understand a little more about the cost of nursing in Australia. It is important that you do not just look at the minimum requirements and make your decision based on them alone. You could end up finding yourself in financial difficulty and will not be able to follow through with your chosen career path if you don’t consider all of these factors before applying for entry into an Australian university program.