Illinois Colleges Of Nursing
The Illinois College of Nursing is the premier organization for promoting excellence in nursing and health care. As such, we are dedicated to providing our members with resources to achieve their goals.
Augsburg College is a private, coeducational college located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Augsburg College’s mission is to provide students with a liberal arts education within a Christian community of learning.
Bemidji State University
Bemidji State University
Accredited by the CCNE, Bemidji State offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program that takes four years to complete. Students can choose to specialize in the areas of pediatric or adult care. The college also has graduate degree programs available at both the master’s and doctoral level, as well as several dual degree options for students interested in earning both a bachelor’s and master’s degree through their school.
Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois. It is a private, not-for-profit institution. The college offers bachelor’s degrees in Nursing.
Benedictine University has an acceptance rate of 85%. Students who apply are required to submit scores from either the SAT or ACT (writing), high school transcripts, and two letters of recommendation.
Bethel University is a private Christian liberal arts university located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. It was founded by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in 1916 as Bethel Lutheran College, but changed its name to Bethel University after becoming non-denominational in 1969.
Bethel University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). The university has had an enrollment of more than 5,000 students since 2016. The student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1 at Bethel University.
Black Hills State University
- Black Hills State University is located in Spearfish, South Dakota.
- The school is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Tuition for full-time, in-state students is $5,746 for the 2017-18 academic year. For out-of-state students, it’s $8,300 per year. Room and board costs $7,082 on average each year at this school; books and supplies are an additional $1,100 annually on top of that total cost.
- There were 3,937 undergraduate students enrolled at Black Hills State University during the last fall semester; this number includes both full-time and part-time learners who are enrolled in either a bachelor’s degree program or graduate certificate program (the school does not offer associate degrees). With regard to undergraduate programs offered by BHSU: Nursing/Registered Nurse (RN); Radiologic Technology/Science – Radiation Therapist Officer; Athletic Training/Health and Physical Education Teacher Education
California State University – Sacramento
California State University – Sacramento is an accredited program that offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program focuses on the practical aspects of nursing, and students will get hands-on experience in the classroom, clinical lab and clinical setting.
The university has campuses throughout Northern California, including one at Sacramento.
Students can transfer credits from other accredited colleges through the institution’s credit transfer policy or apply for financial aid if needed.
The cost for this program is around $4,000 per semester (out of state). In-state tuition is between $2,500-$3,300 per semester depending on whether you are considered an undergraduate or graduate student based on your previous college education (undergraduate = lower cost; graduate = higher cost).
Capital Medical University
Capital Medical University
- Located in Beijing, Capital Medical University was established in 1958. It has a partnership with the Mayo Clinic and is home to the school’s nursing program, which offers both an undergraduate degree as well as a master’s degree.
- The university also has international partnerships with the following schools: University of Minnesota, University of Michigan, University of Texas at Austin and University of Washington.
Carleton College is a private liberal arts college located in Northfield, Minnesota, United States. It was founded in 1866 by the Congregational Church.
Carleton’s acceptance rate for fall 2016 was 33%. The student body at Carleton is made up of 1,250 students from 44 states and 28 countries. Carleton students come from all different backgrounds: 90% are from out-of-state; 40% are the first generation in their families to attend college; and 35% come from low-income families (compared with 5% nationally).
Central New Mexico Community College
Central New Mexico Community College is accredited by CCNE. It offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, a Master of Science in Nursing degree, a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, and an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing degree.
Chamberlain University – Columbus (OH) Campus
Chamberlain University’s online programs are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and certified by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA). It is also approved by the Ohio Board of Regents.
There are several options for enrolling in Chamberlain University’s online programs: RN-BSN program, MSN-MSN program, MSN-MPH program, MSN-MHA program or MSN-MBA.
Chamberlain University – Addison Campus
Chamberlain University – Addison Campus is a private, not-for-profit institution in Addison, Illinois. The college has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 2007.
Chamberlain University – Cleveland (OH) Campus
- The Cleveland campus is a branch of Chamberlain University, an institution that was founded in 2012.
- The campus is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCS), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Chamberlain University – Des Moines Campus
- Accredited by the CCNE
- Chamberlain University is a private university located in Des Moines, IA. The school offers a variety of programs, including Nursing.
Chamberlain University – Indianapolis Campus
Chamberlain University is a private, nonprofit, regionally accredited institution of higher learning. The University is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) since 1956, as well as being nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
Chamberlain University’s MBA programs are eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid Programs. These include the Pell Grant Program and the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG). Financial aid may also be available to qualified applicants through Federal Student Loans, or other state sponsored loan programs such as Wisconsin’s Wisconsin Educational Loan Program (WELP).
Chenzhou Normal College of Medical Sciences and Technology, Hunan Province*
- Location: Chenzhou City, Hunan Province, China
- Accreditation: Yes
- Programs Offered: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – 4 year program; Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) – 2-year program
- Cost: $2,000 USD per semester for international students, who must also pay an additional $1,200 per semester for health insurance.
Students can also apply for scholarships from the university and/or financial assistance from the state government of Hunan province. For example, a student with good academic credentials will likely receive around $1,600-2000 USD per year in scholarship funds. However, the exact amount is determined by the type of scholarship offered and which province you are studying at.* Admission Requirements: Official transcripts from all previous institutions attended; official TOEFL or IELTS scores; two letters of recommendation; resume or curriculum vitae
The Colleges of Nursing at these Illinois colleges are all accredited by the CCNE or ACEN.
The Colleges of Nursing at these Illinois colleges are all accredited by the CCNE or ACEN. This means that they meet the highest standards of nursing education, and graduates can be confident they have been prepared to enter their chosen profession with skills that will serve them well.
These are some of the best Colleges of Nursing in Illinois. You can find more information by visiting the websites of these colleges, or by checking out our other articles on nursing schools and how to get into nursing school.