New York City Colleges That Offer Architecture
Want to study architecture in New York City? You’re not alone. This city is filled with aspiring architects, and it’s a great place to go to school if you want to be surrounded by like-minded people. However, there are more than a few colleges that offer good programs here. I’ve compiled a list of my top five picks below—and they’re all within walking distance of each other!
The City University of New York
CUNY is the public university system of New York City. It is the largest urban university system in the United States, with its 24 institutions serving more than 275,000 degree students and an average annual enrollment of 275,000 students. It also has international campuses in Accra, Ghana; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Caracas, Venezuela; Shenzhen China; and Paris France.
CUNY was founded in 1961 as a system of 17 community colleges with open enrollment policies to provide higher education for all adult New Yorkers who had not completed their secondary education or earned degrees after leaving high school. The CUNY Board of Trustees delegates authority to two bodies:
- The Board of Trustees (BOT) oversees policy matters
- The Chancellor oversees day-to-day operations
New York University
New York University (NYU) is an ideal place to study architecture. The school has a top-notch architecture program and offers many resources for students to hone their skills.
In addition to its great location in New York City, NYU boasts a large number of prestigious alumni who have gone on to successful careers in the field of architecture. This gives you the opportunity to network with some of the most talented professionals working today.
Cornell University’s College of Architecture, Art, and Planning is one of the top architecture schools in the country. Located in Ithaca, New York, Cornell offers a Bachelor of Architecture degree for students who want to pursue a career in design.
- [http://aaap.cornell.edu/](http://aaap.cornell.edu/) – The official website of Cornell University’s College of Architecture, Art and Planning
- [http://www2.archplanning.cornell.edu/](http://www2.archplanning.cornell.edu/) – The official website for the Master of Architecture program at Cornell University
- Master of Architecture program
- Bachelor of Architecture program
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture program
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture program
State University of New York College at Brockport
New York State University at Brockport is a public liberal arts college located in upstate New York. The university has several undergraduate programs, including architecture.
For those who are interested in becoming an architect, the school offers a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture (A.A) program that lasts four years and leads to an Associate Degree. Students can also pursue their studies through an online program at the university.
Pace University – New York City Campus
If you’re interested in studying architecture, consider Pace University – New York City Campus. Located in the heart of Manhattan, this school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in architecture and urban design. If you have an interest in historic preservation or interior design, you may also be interested in pursuing a degree at Pace University – New York City Campus.
Pace University – New York City Campus students receive hands-on training while they study their chosen field, which is an important part of preparing for a career as an architect or designer. There are many opportunities to gain experience through internships and on-campus projects such as designing interiors for residential buildings or helping to preserve historical sites by drawing up plans for renovations within these buildings’ existing structures and layouts. Students will learn about how architectural styles have evolved over time; how different types of materials can be used for different purposes; how big budgets affect the quality of construction choices available; what it means when someone says something “fits into their style.” They’ll also gain knowledge about how people interact with space—and each other—by studying topics like sociology (what makes people behave differently depending on where they are).
These colleges offer great architecture programs.
These schools offer great programs for aspiring architects. They’re located in New York City, which is considered a hub for the arts and architecture.
- Parsons The New School for Design offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in studio art, graphic design, fashion design, interior design and industrial design. It also has an architecture program that emphasizes sustainability through green building techniques such as green roofs and rainwater harvesting.
- Cooper Union has two separate schools: Art & Architecture and Engineering at Cooper Union (EAC). EAC offers undergraduate degrees in architecture & environmental systems; electrical engineering; mechanical engineering; biomedical engineering; chemical & biomolecular engineering; city & regional planning with urban studies concentration; civil engineering with construction management concentration or transportation systems management concentration; computer science with software development track or network engineering track concentrations
There are many great colleges in New York City that offer architecture degrees. These schools have the reputation, prestige and budget to offer students a high-quality education. They are also located in the greatest city on earth!