Nursing Homes In New York City
Nursing Homes In New York City
New York City is home to many excellent nursing homes. These facilities provide a wide variety of medical services and amenities, so you can be sure that your loved one will receive top-notch care when they need it most. Here are some of our favorite nursing homes in the city:
Fairview Nursing Home And Rehabilitation Center
Fairview Nursing Home And Rehabilitation Center is located at 214 Fairview Avenue in Queens, NY. The facility can house up to 70 residents and offers a variety of services for its residents. These include:
Address: 1515 W. 46th St., New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 767-2214
Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Number of Nursing Staff on premises at all times: 5 RNs, 2 LPNs; 10 CNA’s; 1 Medical Director (MD), 1 Facility Administrator
Isabella Geriatric Center
- Address: 5-8 West 103rd Street
- Phone number: 212-659-3020
- Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Number of beds: 72
- Number of patients: 560
- Number of staff members: 92 (nurses, CNA’s and aides) ; 3 doctors; 8 physical therapists; 10 occupational therapists
Hebrew Home at Riverdale
Hebrew Home at Riverdale is a nursing home that provides long-term care. This facility offers programs and services for older adults. Hebrew Home at Riverdale is located at 1000 West 233rd Street in the Bronx, NY 10463 area. The main phone number for this facility is (718) 794-4000.
The Hebrew Home at Riverdale has 63 total beds available for residents who need long-term care. In addition to providing top notch medical care and support to our residents, we also offer a wide range of amenities and activities designed with our resident’s needs in mind. Some of these amenities include:
A daily nutritious meal
Exercise classes every day
Chapel services three times per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
A library filled with books both fiction and non-fiction
St. Barnabas Hospital Extended Care Facility
St. Barnabas Hospital Extended Care Facility is a nursing home in the Bronx that offers a wide range of services, from skilled nursing to rehabilitation, hospice and long-term care. The facility has an array of amenities including physical therapy and occupational therapy. It also provides specialized programs for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia as well as short-term respite care for seniors going through a difficult time.
St. Barnabas Hospital Extended Care Facility offers several levels of care: independent living; assisted living; skilled nursing; long-term care and hospice
The Bronxwood Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
The Bronxwood Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is an skilled nursing care, rehabilitation services, long-term care, short-term care and rehabilitation in New York City. It offers a variety of specialty programs such as dementia care and physical therapy.
Calvary Hospital Hospice
If you are looking for a nursing home with hospice care in New York City, the Calvary Hospital Hospice has a variety of options. Located at 133rd Street and Amsterdam Avenue, this facility offers everything you might need to ensure that your loved one receives top-notch palliative care in their final days.
Calvary Hospital Hospice offers:
- Ambulatory care
- Respite care
- Long-term acute rehabilitation services (LAR)
Mount Sinai Beth Israel Nursing Home
Mount Sinai Beth Israel Nursing Home is located at 1625 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10032. It is a non-profit nursing home that has been open since 1984. This skilled nursing facility has a capacity of 66 residents and offers long-term care in a number of different areas, including dementia/alzheimers care, Parkinson’s disease and stroke recovery programs, as well as short-term rehabilitation services for patients recovering from hip fractures or certain types of surgery.
New York City has many good nursing homes.
New York City has some of the best nursing homes in New York State, the United States and indeed the universe.
There are several nursing homes near New York City that rank among the best in New York State. We’ve listed these below so you can see what they have to offer.
- Jewish Home Lifecare, Inc., located on Staten Island, offers compassionate care for older adults living with a variety of medical conditions or disabilities. This community is designed to provide personalized services based on residents’ unique needs and preferences. Residents enjoy spacious private rooms equipped with amenities such as air conditioning or heating for comfort during any season; keyless entry systems for easy access at any time; private bathrooms with showers; and cable television service (including Showtime). Other amenities include direct-dial phones with voicemail capabilities; high-speed Internet access available throughout all common areas along with computer stations available 24 hours per day/7 days per week where residents may use computers free of charge (for 1 hour per month); home health aides who visit each resident daily providing assistance services including dressing changes/showering assistance/laundry service/food preparation as needed; transportation services within a 30 mile radius around New York City by van – contact a case manager today!
New York City has many good nursing homes. The city is large and diverse, but it also has a lot to offer in terms of health care facilities. There are many different types of nursing homes and even more specific services available for the elderly and people with disabilities. We hope this article helped you find a place where your loved one can receive quality care from professionals who understand what they need most.