Nursing License Lookup Florida
If you want to look up a nursing license in Florida, you can use the online verification system. This is an easy way to ensure that your nurse is licensed and has no disciplinary actions against them. The system is called the “MQASearchServlet” and it can be found here: https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServlet?searchName=License&licenseType=LICENSE_TYPE_CD&featureClass=CONFIRMATION
You can search for a Florida nursing license online.
You can search for a Florida nursing license online. In order to do so, you will need to visit the Florida Board of Nursing’s website and enter some basic information about the individual whose license you are searching for. You can find this information by searching through the state’s public records or contacting the RN or LPN directly.
Once you have obtained your information, follow these steps:
- Go to https://floridabon.org/renewal/renewal-search/.
- Enter your name in all fields that ask for it (don’t forget to click “Continue” after each name is entered).
- Click “Continue” at bottom of page until prompted by another screen containing legal disclaimers and other important information about using this site; read everything carefully before proceeding with your search!
Here’s what you do: Go to the Florida Board of Nursing and click “Verify a License.”
- Go to the Florida Board of Nursing’s website and click “Verify a License.”
- Select “Advanced Search” from the dropdown menu.
- Enter all the information you know about this nurse into each field, including her name and date of birth (if you have it). If she has been licensed in multiple states, make sure to check those boxes as well; if you’re not sure which state she’s practicing in now, leave that field blank for now and come back later when you know more about where she practices currently (or else use Google or another search engine to look up her license status). When everything looks good, click “Search,” which will bring up either a list of licenses with matching information or an error message saying that no matches were found on their database—if it says “no matches,” then unfortunately there may be no record of this nurse having ever been licensed by any state board!
After that, select Advanced Search, enter all the information you know about the nurse and click “Search.”
To search for a license by name, enter the nurse’s last name and first name. If you don’t know the full first or last name, use just enough to identify him or her (such as “Smith” instead of “John Smith”).
To search for a license by license number, select License Number from the drop-down menu. Then enter all or part of the number in this format:
Do a nursing license lookup in Florida at https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServlet?searchName=License&licenseType=LICENSE_TYPE_CD&featureClass=CONFIRMATION
The Florida Board of Nursing offers a free online license lookup service on their website at http://flbom.com/licensing/api-lookup/.
To use this feature, you will need to know the name of the nurse in question and his or her license number. You can find this information by searching for the nurse’s license number on Google. Once you’ve found it, copy down all of the digits—including any dashes—and enter them into the “License Number” field on FLBON’s website. To search for a specific license type (such as LPN), check out FLBON’s License Type Lookup page at https://appsmqa.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServlet?searchName=License&licenseType=LICENSE_TYPE_CD&featureClass=CONFIRMATION
We hope this article answered your question about nursing license lookup in Florida. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 800-922-2215 or 727-452-6400!