Renew Georgia Nursing License
You must complete a renewal packet and pay the required fees before your license expires. You may renew your nursing license online at any time during the year. However, you must submit the renewal form and fees before your license expires.
Georgia Board of Nursing Requirements
- You must renew your Georgia nursing license every two years.
- You must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- You must complete a renewal application, pay a renewal fee and submit documentation of continuing education.
- You may be required to pass the Nurse Licensure Compact exam if you have been out of practice for more than five years or have failed one or more parts of the NCLEX-RN examination within five years of applying for licensure in Georgia.
Georgia Board of Nursing License Renewal Instructions
Get the required documents together. You’ll need your renewal form, proof of license renewal fees, and any other documentation that may be required by the nursing board. The Georgia Board of Nursing will let you know what documentation is needed when you submit your application.
Complete and submit your renewal online or in person. Once you’ve determined that all of your documentation is correct and current, visit the Georgia Board of Nursing’s website to complete and submit your application for license renewal online or send it in physically.
This must be followed to the letter.
Your license must be renewed every two years. You are required to renew it in person at your local department of health office, so you will need to plan ahead. To be sure that you can get everything taken care of on time, make an appointment with the department well ahead of the expiration date for your license. If you wait too long, there may not be any appointments available in your area until after your license has expired! Bring all of the following materials with you:
- A copy of your current nursing license (if applicable)
- A copy of your original certificate from graduation from nursing school or training program (if applicable)
If you have any questions, please contact the Georgia Board of Nursing at 404-657-7500 or visit their website: